Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Favorite Arm Workout

Okay guys, today is the day that I am going to share the only arm workout that I did to get these arms that I'm so proud of. 

Haha, what's that - you don't know what arms I'm talking about? 

Boom. 


Okay so they're still a ways off from where I want them to be - but the real proof that tells you how far I've come is that fact that I don't have any "before" photos of my arms. They actually hadn't seen the light of day for a few years and that's why now they're coming out and want the world to see. 

So these arms. They are getting stronger every day because I'm getting into push-ups and lifting "real weights", but I want to talk about their foundation.

The very basic workout that got rid of the "extra" and allowed me to start seeing my muscles for the first time in a long time.

This treadmill.


And these hand weights (5lbs).


Actually, these hand weights (3lbs) until I out-grew them.


And what did I need? Just 6 songs. Two slower, two medium and two fast. 

I've always called it my "Ace of Base" workout because all 6 songs were tracks 1 - 6 of the Ace of Base "The Sign" Album because these songs just work. But since doing the workout so often I have found other great songs that "just work" like Waves#Selfie and I'm in the House to name a few slow, medium and fast songs. 


And what do I do?

Songs 1 & 4 I walk at a quick pace, doing alternating arm curls with every left step forward.
Songs 2 & 5 I walk at a quick pace, doing alternating arm punches with every left step forward.
Songs 3 & 6 I walk at a quick pace, doing alternating arm punches/arm presses with every left step forward.

Let's see that again:


I hope you didn't hate my first vlog. 

How about you go check out some other ladies who actually know what they're talking about when it comes to getting buff in the link up below! 



 photo JessiFitPdxmesig.png

28 comments:

  1. this is the most awesome thing ever!! haha :) now i know what YOU sound like! :) seriously though, why have i never thought of this workout? super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I loved it and am so doing this the next time I'm at the gym! Your first vlog was great and I'm glad you shared how to do it properly! I did a post for this May Challenge this week too, will be linking up shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmmmmmm.... so you're the cutest thing EVER! What a great vlog! And great work out! What a smart way to kill two birds with one stone :)! Keep rockin it lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHECK OUT those gunnssss DAMN girl :)

    awesome workout, I love finding ways to pass time on the treadmill. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!!!! I absolutely love this!!!! All your songs make me want to get up and go running now. I had a love/hate relationship with that selfie song but now seeing you do your arm workout to it I love it! You nailed this video yeah and you made me less nervous to do mine now thanks girl!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun!! I haven't listened to Ace of Base in YEARS! I absolutely hate anything cardio but I love doing weights so maybe combing the two of them will be better!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!! Great job with your first VLOG!! Always love to hear the voice behind the photos lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, it's so awesome that I can now HEAR YOUR VOICE when I read this blog!
    Super awesome!

    My arms are getting there, some days, I'm like OH THAT'S PROGRESS! and other days I'm like.. HEY WHERE DID YOU GO?

    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo I am at work right now and can't turn the volume up...but I am totally going home and watching this. I love that you shared how you got those guns! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, so I don't have sound at work but I will definitely be watching tonight! Yay for a vlog! I love using small weights on the treadmill too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're ADORABLE! And what a good idea to actually SHOW how it's done. I always hate when I read things in magazines and can't picture how to actually put it in motion.
    I def did a little dancing in my chair while watching this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This, all of this.. I love everything! So perfect! So fabulous! LOOK AT YOUR GUNS! I totally asked for an arm workout last week and you totally delivered! And your first vlog was awesome! I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh you put your pretty face on vid!! And we get to hear you! Anyway great arm workouts and I can actually do this while at the parents house too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. biceps on biceps on biceps! andddd jessi's voice. today is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loveeee the vlog!! Do more please :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did great for your first vlog! good job.
    Love the simple arm workouts too that anybody can accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the 5 lb weights doesnt make me feel like a buff dude after i do some arm exercises speaking of i need to get those in today

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so doing this tonight! I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. (in a good way) Thanks for the workout tip!! A new follower. Glad to have found your blog. Looking forward to your tips and motivation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vlog! And I love the idea of slow, medium and fast songs- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I just recently upgraded to 5lbs..what whaaaat!! (hahaha no really)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha you WOULD have "Let Me Take a Selfie" on your workout playlist :P

    Great first vlog! Can't wait for your workout DVD series to come out...you're the next Shaun T!

    I like doing arm stuff (I mean, seriously the RARE times I do arm stuff) with squats instead of walking to get my whole body behind the "punch"

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this idea!! What a fun way to get some walking in and a fantastic arm workout! Lovelove

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the vlog! Definitely sounds like a workout I could do.. if I had a treadmill! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving this post! Super easy and fun workout! So glad it came with a vlog demo!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm pretty sure I would die! Loved your vlog demo =) Keep doing allllll the vlogs!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great vlog! Love this girl!

    ReplyDelete

Flex for me!